Friday, 28 June 2013

A Brand New Idea

I've come up with a game idea that was sparked into existence initially by a documentary on Einstein's theory of relativity. The content of the documentary wasn't the inspiration but more so the graphics use to explain things visually. The graphic were very basic, colourful and made me think of computers and what it would be liked inside one, similar to Tron.

The thoughts lead to an idea of creating a game based inside a computer. From this I started asking myself different kinds of question that would need to be answered in order for this idea to work in my mind. Some of the questions I asked myself where things like:

If there was a world or universe in a pc what would it be like?

What would the inhabitants be and how would they live?

What are there believes?

What kinds of threats would they encounter.

And finally. How could I make this world relatable to the players so they don't feel as though there in a completely different and out there world.


With these in mind I can now start to create and perceive a universe that I can mould and immerse myself in to work on creating a story that I can show people this world, and immerse them into a unique gaming experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment